|Job Description / Person Specification|
|Job Title:||Buxton Crescent Heritage Trust
Job Title – Visitor Services Officer
|Service/ Department:||Charitable Organisation|
|Salary:||2 posts £8.50 per hour– 14 hours per week (daytime – to include some weekends and bank holidays)
1 post £8.50 per hour – Casual Contract
The Buxton Crescent Heritage Trust will be delivering a modern tourism hub in the Pump Room which will provide High Peak Borough Trust’s visitor information services, deliver interpretation about the building, the town and its waters, provide water from Pump Room water source, sell a small range of retail items, sell admission tickets for the Trust’s heritage experience and provide a ‘front of house’ service for the Trust.
The Pump Room will be designed to be a flexible space with ‘moveable’ leaflet and retail units that can be stored away allowing the space to be used for a range of talks, events, hire and activities in the evenings or when the TIC/Heritage Experience is closed.
The Trust will be working with a team of volunteers who will acts as ‘guides and interpreters’ for visitors to the Pump Room, Heritage Experience and events or activities run by the Trust.
· To provide an outstanding customer experience for visitors to the Pump Room.
· To provide high-quality modern tourist information service to both residents and visitors.
· To act as a Duty Officer for the Pump Room and Heritage Experience.
· To consistently provide customers with an outstanding customer service as part of the delivery of High Peak’s tourist information service in the Pump Room.
· To act as the Heritage Trust’s ‘front of house’ service, providing an exemplary welcome and encouraging sale of admission tickets, events, membership and friends products.
· To provide accurate information and orientation on the High Peak Borough Council area, the Peak District and to all visitors using the services provided by the Buxton Crescent Heritage Trust.
· To be familiar with publications, reference material, information leaflets and relevant websites
· To maintain supplies of relevant literature and retail goods distributed at the Pump Room and the attraction.
· To effectively handle and monitor all enquiries received in the combined service.
· To actively promote and up-sell the High Peak Borough Council area, Peak District and the services provided the Trust to visitors using the Pump Room.
· To input and retrieve data for the operation of relevant services including maintenance of the DMS database records.
· To operate an accommodation booking service and other commission based ticketing services.
· To effectively cash-up, record and bank all monies received through the sale of goods, services or events.
· To maintain reference materials, stock records, filing system and other information in an organized and diligent manner.
· To assist with the stock-take process, inputting and calculating of the stock result.
· To assist in marketing development and activities as required.
· To attend team meetings as and when required.
· To act as Duty Officer for the Pump Room and Visitor Experience as and when required and be diligent in ensuring the health and safety of all staff, visitors and volunteers in the Pump Room and Heritage Experience.
· To report maintenance issues and defects when needed as part of the daily inspection regime.
· To assist in the development, implementation and ongoing supervision of any related exhibitions and events.
· To assist with the development and administration of website information and social media content.
· To assist with the development and presentation of retail goods.
· To assist with the development and implementation of retail promotions and marketing.
· To fulfil general cleaning duties and ensure the whole venue is immaculately presented at all times.
· Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager
· Provide outstanding customer services to users of the Pump Room, delivering visitor welcome, visitor information selling tickets and goods and services provided by the Trust.
The work will require regular attendance at times other than during normal office hours including evenings, working weekends and on Bank Holidays to support a flexible rota. This is an integral part of the job and will not attract additional payment. Where more than an average 37 hours week is worked, time off in lieu will be granted as workload permits.
· Experience and understanding of delivering exceptional customer service (Essential)
· Dealing with a wide range of enquiries and prioritising competing needs in a busy customer environment (Desirable)
· Knowledge of the local area and our heritage (Desirable)
· Working as part of a small team and on own initiative (Essential)
· Good general IT skills.
|Personal Qualities (All Essential)
· Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
· Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organized and flexible approach to work.
· Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
25 days per annum pro rata and statutory bank holidays.
The BCHT fully supports the terms of The Equality Act 2010. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on any grounds. We want a diverse workforce which reflects our community and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity and marital or civil partnership status.
If you have a disability and demonstrate that you fulfil the person specification criteria for the role on your application form, you will be invited for an interview. If you feel that you could carry out this post with some adjustments, please let us know. If you require particular arrangements made for interview etc. (e.g. signing, access), please let us know.
How to Apply:
Application is by curriculum vitae (CV) setting out details of your qualifications and experience to date.
Please ensure there are no unexplained gaps in your work experience. Your CV must be accompanied by a letter of application (maximum 1 side of A4) setting out the qualities you feel you can bring to the job role and how you meet the requirements of the person specification.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com or by post to arrive by the closing date to:
Buxton Crescent Heritage Trust, Devonshire Dome, Devonshire Road, Buxton, SK17 6EL
Closing date for applications is 21th March 2019 at 5pm. Interviews are expected to be week commencing 25th March. Start date will be as soon as possible following selection.