FRIENDS OF BUXTON CRESCENT
Our Friends will be a vital asset in helping us secure the long-term viability of the project, the Trust and its future ambitions. We would warmly welcome you to become a part of the project in this next exciting phase by becoming a Friend of The Buxton Crescent and Thermal Spa Heritage Trust.
Your support and membership as a Friend will help us to
- Care for and preserve The Crescent, Natural Baths and Pump Room complex
- Create and run an inspirational and sustainable Visitor Experience for our community and visitors
- Give people the opportunity to ‘step inside’ and enjoy these remarkable spaces and stories
- Run an exciting year-round programme of events, tours, talks and educational projects
- Celebrate and share the heritage and history of these nationally important buildings
Membership Will Give You
- Invitations to, and priority booking to a range of events and talks in The Pump Room
- Discounts on tickets to a selection of talks and events
- An opportunity for you to get involved with the project and events
- The chance to meet new people and friends with a shared interest
- Discounts and offers at the Crescent Experience from 2019
- If you agree we will send you opportunities and invitations from other organisations
Restoration, Preservation and Celebration
The redevelopment and restoration of The Crescent, Natural Baths and Pump Room have secured major investments of over £50 million. These include a £23.8 million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, over £20.5 million in private funding from the Buxton Crescent & Thermal Spa Co Ltd, a £2 million grant from the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partner-ship and more than £0.6 million from Historic England. Between them, High Peak Borough Council and Derbyshire County Council are also contributing over £2.5 million.
A development company is currently carrying out the major capital restoration works and the hotel will be run by the hotel company involved in the project. A small part of the overall funding package will support the work of the Trust until 2020.
Following completion of the project the Trust will be responsible for the long-term preservation of the buildings and for running the visitor experience. The Trust is a separate and independent entity and will receive no long term public funding.
As founding Friends, you will be playing an important role in helping us enable residents, families, visitors and future generations access and discover more about these fascinating and much-loved buildings.
We look forward to welcoming you many times to the Crescent, Assembly Room and Pump Room.
Cost of Annual Membership
Individual membership – £50
Joint membership -£80 * 2 people sharing the same address
Student membership – £20 * NUS Members
Life membership -£800
Joint Life Membership – £1,200
Corporate membership and gift membership is also available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
How to Join
Please email email@example.com or Tel: 01298 338441 for a membership form and details.
By leaving a legacy you will help to preserve The Buxton Crescent, The Natural Baths and The Pump Room for future generations. For further details please contact Liz Mackenzie email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01298 338441